Monday, October 8, 2007

Cliques

This past week I have been reading Queen Bees and Wannabees by Rosalind Weisman... a great book about "girl world" and teen and pre-teen bullying. (Of course this is a book review I have to do for a class, too). Girl bullying has always been a topic of great interest to me b/c my high school experience was full of the ins and outs of cliques. I always felt on the outside of the clique but never really fell out completely--i dated boys to avoid always being tied to our "queen bee" and the whole pecking order of things. I had times where I was called all sorts of names, wasn't invited to parties, was teased relentlesly, and on the flip side-- teased others and bullied others who weren't part of my clique. Anyway, its been fun reading this book and remembering just how much I remember from those days and how it shaped a lot of how I saw the world (and still see it).
that is my insight for the day.

No comments:

Blog Archive