Wednesday, July 16, 2008

day 10 of herniated disc

So, today won't be as much a picture post but more of a rambling "what I'm learning through all this" post (again). Yesterday I reported that I went to the pool for some much needed out-of-my-room time and vitamin D for my mental health. I was feeling so good yesterday. So good. After we got back I took a much needed shower, then Jeff and I enjoyed some Millies salads thanks to his Mommy paying for us to have an anniversary dinner. (2 years-- go us!) Then Jeff's little Bro Scott came into town around 9ish. He's staying here with us for the next 10 days...
So because I was doing so well I started to feel like I should be doing more. I did some laundry, watered the plants, etc. I would get up for 10 minutes, do some chores, get back down for 10 minutes, repeat. Today I'm not feeling as great I think because I might have been pushing it a bit too much last night. I'm just getting so sick of laying here and asking everyone to do everything for me. Its hard. I mean, I just so want to be able to go outside and be a human again. But the Lord (I said "The Lord" I sound so evangelistic) is teaching me to stop trying to do everything on my own. I keep getting his kick right in my rear, literally, every time I think I can do it alone without him.
So I ask, those of you who pray, be praying that what God is teaching me right now sticks. He's doing it for a reason, I know. I needed it. I was just so ragged and burned out and not trusting Him... I just pray that I can learn more about letting go a bit and giving him control.
K, enough of that stuff, I'm gonna look through some design websites and enjoy myself for a while.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

oooo dear. i don't mind you asking me to do things mitchie. your beautiful and wonderful and i would do anything in the world for you.

Blog Archive