Sunday, August 26, 2007

oh stress!

I have hit the ground running since I got back from Colorado...

A new employee started under me at work
All new staff started in the program I supervise
Jenn's in town (a very good thing, but its been keeping me socially hopping)
Grad school starts this week
Joe and Jannah move this week
and...
Cider Days is just around the corner and I have so many more items I want to make.

I'm a bit overwhelmed. It came out today in a series of chores I did around the house. First it was mowing the yard, then raking the clippings, then working on the compost and watering flowers and so on. I started to get antsy when i came back inside and needed to sleep and do dishes and laundry and AHHHHH.

I think the big problem with my worries and stress is the looming busy-ness I am getting myself into with grad school and some possible new projects with KLASS at work. Am I going to survive? Will I continue to have a sex drive? Will I get giant bags under my eyes? Will I continue to have time to sew? Will Jeff and I still see each other?

I guess I can't know until I get into it. And you know--I know I'll be okay. I know I'll still make time for the things and people I love... More than anything I am excited about the opportunity to continue my education and to learn more. I am excited to become a better professional. I'm just a bit nervous.

As Jenn put it yesterday while dropping me off at new student orientation: Do you have your backpack? Do you have your pencils?

1 comment:

Admin said...

OH no! I know exactly how you're feeling right now - and I wish I had some good advice, but I'm in mental breakdown mode right now!

Blog Archive