Friday, September 14, 2007

We will miss you Howard Boyd...

There wasn't much of a "take two" for my Cider Days updates... I was planning on telling everyone about the awesomeness of Project Rescue and how I'm going to donate 10% of my earnings from this weekend to it, I was going to show some pics of new things I'll be selling, and then Thursday we got some bad news: my grandfather, Howard Boyd, at 91 years old passed away early in the morning 9/13. He died in his sleep.

He was an awesome man. Had a way of making jokes out of everything. He wore flannel shirts. He had the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and couldn't remember who I was the last time I saw him about three weeks ago. He loved reading the Bible. He really wanted to stick around to take care of my grandmother who was in worse shape than him, but i guess you can't plan everything.

I will be at Cider Days on Saturday but unfortunately not on Sunday. I am crossing my fingers that everything gets sold by Sunday, but if not my awesome friends Kesha and Mara will be holding down the fort. Sunday is the visitation from 4-6pm and Monday is his funeral. Its all taking place in Kansas City where he is from and has lived with his wife for as long as they've been married.

Anyway, I'm sure this will mean that I won't be able to post for a while until everything has settled down. I'll make sure to take pics of Cider Days though and will post when I get the chance.

-Mitch

3 comments:

juan said...

Sorry for your loss.

Sky Girl said...

I've been thinking about you since we talked on Thursday.

Homegrown {& the Bug} said...

I'm so sorry for your loss - I know it's not much and probably doesn't help but I'm thinking of you, hoping you do well at Cider Days and that the visitation isn't too rough...

Sam

Blog Archive