Monday, February 4, 2008

I can't help myself...

Two posts in two days!?! Crazy, I know. But while I was looking at news stories I couldn't help but post this one about twins. Because I am one, I thought it was particularly interesting.

Ronnie Polaneczky: Oh, brother!

A judge threatened a man with arrest if he didn't pay twin's 17-year-old traffic tix

Philadelphia Daily News

SINCE NOVEMBER, Edward Stanley Harris has been paying Philadelphia Traffic Court $100 per month on a bill of $1,811.50 for tickets issued 17 years ago - which the court has admitted aren't even his.
He's paying them off because, he says, a Traffic Court judge said he'd arrest him if he didn't.

Harris, a producer at CN8 Sports, has never been inside a prison cell, and he'd like to keep it that way. So he's writing those monthly checks to Traffic Court.

But he says it's not fair.

Gee, ya think?

This guy's story is one of the wackiest ones I've ever heard, with twists, turns, infuriating judges and - wait for it - a long-lost twin.


the rest of the story is at http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20080204_Ronnie_Polaneczky__Oh__brother_.html

No comments:

Blog Archive